As the Covid-19 fight intensifies all over the world, Medway hospitals have come forward to extend its support to the Government of TN, and has offered one of its units completely for treatment of Covid-19 suspected patients. Our Covid-19 designated unit has 100 beds with a dedicated team of doctors, nurses, and caretakers. We make sure complete treatment is given to the patients and take care of them from the time of their admission until they get discharged after complete recovery.
As COVID-19 continues its spread globally, Medway hospitals have implemented various measures to handle the situation. Its important we take necessary steps to ensure the safety of healthcare workers, staff, patients, and the wider community.
At Medway hospitals, to support the preparedness for handling Covid-19 patients we have taken certain steps, which has been followed strictly.
- A core team of healthcare professionals and a support team for 24/7 has been formed to handle the patients received anytime. They even provide training to each staff on the entry and exit protocol of Covid-19 patients.
- Medway has provided their Covid-19 team and staffs with all necessary PPE, respiratory and hand hygiene materials, appropriate Lab facility, and waste management.
- Isolated ICU facility with all the required equipment for the patient.
- After each patient leaves regular cleaning followed by disinfectant/fumigation.
- We have organized the moving of the patients in the facility and visitors’ access.
- In case the patient needs to be shifted, a well equipped BLS Ambulance is available 24/7 with the professionals accompanying them and ensure the safe transportation of the patient.
At Medway, we are constantly working on the prevention of infection by following all safety measures and standards.